POET Biorefining’s Leipsic facility has provided support and encouragement to the Feed the World network by giving teachers tours of the plant, helping educators learn more about the process of producing ethanol and co-products. The POET organization is also committed to helping communities through their Never Satisfied Community Grant Program.
- POET Biorefining – Leipsic awarded five organizations a total of $2,500 through the 2021 Never Satisfied Community Grant Program.
- The Putnam County Goat and Sheep Committee was awarded $500 to purchase a new wash rack at the Putnam County Fairgrounds.
- The Putnam Country Agriculture Society was awarded $500 to repair gates and roads at the fairgrounds.
- The Putnam County Swine Improvement Committee & County Calf Keepers was awarded $500 to enhance barn conditions at the fairgrounds.
- The Project Lifesaver Committee’s was awarded $500 for their Project Lifesaver program, which provides search and rescue devices for those with special needs.
- The Miller City FFA Alumni was awarded $500 to develop an education courtyard at the Miller City school district for students to grow produce as part of their coursework.
from Ohio Country Journal